Parishes of Jamaica
There are (14) parishes of Jamaica each having a coastline and a capital town, which is typically the centre of commerce. The parishes of Jamaica are also grouped into three (03) counties: Cornwall, Middlesex and Surrey. Jamaica has only three (03) cities, Montego Bay in St James, Kingston, and Portmore in St Catherine.
Kingston, located on the island’s south-eastern section, is Jamaica’s capital.
Jamaica Parishes and Capital Towns Grouped by County:
- Kingston (Capital of Jamaica)
- St. Andrew – Half Way Tree.
- Portland – Port Antonio.
- St. Thomas – Capital town: Morant Bay.
- St. Catherine – Spanish Town.
- St. Mary – Port Maria.
- St. Ann – St Ann’s Bay.
- Manchester – Mandeville.
- Clarendon – May Pen.
- Hanover – Lucea.
- Westmoreland – Savanna-la-Mar.
- St. James – Montego Bay.
- Trelawny – Falmouth.
- St. Elizabeth – Black River.