The Knutsford Court Hotel in Kingston Jamaica offers a garden style atmosphere and today’s modern conveniences in a relaxed tropical setting catering to business and leisure travelers alike. Our spacious rooms and suites are designed for both individual and group travel and feature either two double beds or a king size bed tastefully furnished for comfort and convenience.
Service & Amenities:
- 5 Excellent Room Categories: Standard, Superior, Junior Suites, One-bedroom Suites and Two bedroom Townhouses to suit every budget and guest need
- 24-hour State-of-the-art business centre with photocopier, facsimile, colour printer, personal computer workstations, e-mail and internet access
- Complimentary High-speed Wireless internet access in all guest rooms – Complimentary Public areas Wireless Internet Access
- Lobby Gift Shop
- Multi-lingual staff
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Room service
- Laundry and dry-cleaning service
- Complimentary in-room coffee/tea service (Suites only)
- Complimentary Knutsford Sunrise Buffet Breakfast
- Extensive meeting facilities
- 24-hour access to our fully equipped gym
- 24-hour security
- 24-hour Coin-operated Laundromat
Kevin Hendrickson, one of the four children of retired business tycoon Karl Hendrickson, is the man behind The Knutsford Court Hotel. This property is his second acquisition in Kingston’, with The Courtleigh Hotel & Suites being the first.
At the time of the acquisition of the then Sutton Place Hotel, the environment in Kingston’s hospitality industry was still marked with relatively low occupancy with intense competition between the existing players.
Hendrickson embarked on the new venture, however, as he and his team had already built a strong reputation for excellent, personalized service. Hendrickson felt that if he could combine this reputation with a quality property at an attractive price he could attract a sector of the market that was currently being under serviced. This property was also to have a keen focus on the groups and family market.
The project, like the re-build of The Courtleigh, was a monumental one. He made the same decision, once more, rip it all out and start from scratch.
The project took just over 11 months to complete and saw the total transformation of the property into a fantastic new hotel that is one of the leading hotels in Kingston today. Modernization was at the heart of the project and saw the implementation of state-of-the-art point of sales systems, fire prevention and sprinkler systems throughout the property, an intricate surveillance camera system and electronic key lock for bedrooms as well as dataports in all guest rooms for internet/e-mail access. Complimentary high speed internet access both wired and wireless is also available throughout the property.
The investment continues to pay off and loyal guests continue to call this lovely property, centered around a lush garden courtyard, home.
The Hendrickson family also own and operate in Jamaica other gems including the Sunset Beach Resort & Spa in Montego Bay, The Sunset at the Palms in Negril, Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios, The Courtleigh Hotel & Suites in Kingston, The Ruins at the Falls in Ocho Rios, Coconut Bay in St. Lucia and The Holiday Inn Sunspee Resort, Montego Bay.